Many of us experience times when life with God seems to fall short of our expectations--when we feel let down by God, hurt, or abandoned.
This is something most people don't talk about--until now.
In this classic work of Christian integrity and spiritual investigation, Philip Yancey gives us permission to look directly into our doubts and reckon with them. He uncovers the real and lasting hope that can be found in the midst of darkness and disillusion, exploring three questions that Christians wonder about but rarely feel permission to voice:
- If God is so hungry for relationship with us, why does he seem so distant?
- If God cares for us, why do bad things happen?
- If God's promises are true, why do they feel so far off from personal experience?
With his gift for articulating and answering some of the most honest, complex issues of faith, Philip Yancey points you beyond doubt and hardship to a stronger, wiser faith, a confidence in God's deep love, and a thirst to reach not just for what God gives, but for who God is.
Included in the 25th anniversary edition is a study guide with questions about these perplexing crises of faith that the author confronts.
Spanish edition also available.
- ISBN-13: 9780310285878
- ISBN-10: 0310285879
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publish Date: October 2015
- Dimensions: 8.4 x 5.5 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.6 pounds
- Page Count: 304