Are you struggling to connect with your child now that they've left the nest? Are you feeling the tension and heartache as your relationship dynamic begins to change? In Doing Life with Your Adult Children, bestselling author and parenting expert Jim Burns provides practical advice and hopeful encouragement for navigating this tough yet rewarding transition.
If you've raised a child, you know that parenting doesn't stop when they turn eighteen. In many ways, your relationship gets even more complicated--your heart and your head are as involved as ever, but you can feel things shifting, whether your child lives under your roof or rarely stays in contact.
Doing Life with Your Adult Children helps you navigate this rich and challenging season of parenting. Speaking from his own personal and professional experience, Burns offers practical answers to the most common questions he's received over the years, including:
- My child's choices are breaking my heart--where did I go wrong?
- Is it OK to give advice to my grown child?
- What's the difference between enabling and helping?
- What boundaries should I have if my child moves back home?
- What do I do when my child doesn't seem to be maturing into adulthood?
- How do I relate to my grown child's significant other?
- What does it mean to have healthy financial boundaries?
- How can I support my grown children when I don't support their values?
Including positive principles on bringing kids back to faith, ideas on how to leave a legacy as a grandparent, and encouragement for every changing season, Doing Life with Your Adult Children is a unique book on your changing role in a calling that never ends.
- ISBN-13: 9780310353775
- ISBN-10: 0310353777
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publish Date: March 2019
- Dimensions: 8.3 x 5.4 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.4 pounds
- Page Count: 192