- Duran Duran's rise to fame, captured by the photographer who knows them best
- Hundreds of exclusive photographs, many unseen, plus interviews and quotes
- The most comprehensive document of Duran Duran's Sing Blue Silver tour, their most successful ever
- Contains contributions from all members of Duran Duran
- Short video for the title here
"Denis got to see a different side of the machine - he saw the cogs going around, and there were times when that wasn't popular with everybody ... Once we saw the photographs, however, we were able to appreciate the potency of it." - Simon Le Bon
With chart hits charts like 'Girls on Film', 'Hungry like a Wolf', 'Rio' and 'The Reflex' and pioneering music videos, Duran Duran cemented their place as indisputable icons of the '80s New Romantic music scene. Having sold over 100 million records, they continue to be one of the UK's most popular bands. Eternally evolving, always innovating, their fanbase spans the globe.
Containing hundreds of exquisitely restored photographs taken mostly during the North American and Japanese legs of the band's record-breaking 1984 Sing Blue Silver tour, Careless Memories provides an unparalleled visual history of Duran Duran's ascent to the top, with commentary from the band members themselves.
Denis O'Regan joined the band in France, where they were filming their New Moon On Monday video, and stayed with them until the end of the tour. His unprecedented access to the band gives the Careless Memories book an insight into the lives of Simon, Nick, John, Roger and Andy as they won hearts around the world. It documents the excitement of the shows and the hysteria and mayhem that surrounded them. For Duran Duran fans, Careless Memories is a 224 page backstage pass that captures the band at the peak of their powers and their fame.
- ISBN-13: 9781788841788
- ISBN-10: 1788841786
- Publisher: Acc Art Books
- Publish Date: September 2022
- Dimensions: 11.64 x 7.85 x 1.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.17 pounds
- Page Count: 304