LET FOOD BE YOUR MEDICINE AND LET SCRIPTURE HELP YOU FIND THE WAY
The constant decisions of what to eat, when to eat, and how much to eat consumes most people's thoughts during the course of a day. While you may not think of the Bible as a nutritional reference, you'll soon discover that it has the answers you've been looking for.
In their quest to sell convenience, the food industry repeatedly reinforces the idea that cooking is inconvenient, expensive, and takes up too much of your valuable time. But it doesn't mean this should be your personal choice.
With the easy availability of fast-food, processed food, food in a box, and food on-the-go, our modern relationship with food has become dysfunctional. Eventually everyone reaches the point when they know they're not eating well and want to find a better solution and a healthier way.
It's not about how much protein or fat or calories a particular food contains. Rather, it's about nourishing yourself from the plants and fruits that grow from the soil, and also by partaking of the animals that also nourish themselves with green plants.
Here's the bad news:
- Six in ten adults in the US have at least one chronic disease
- Four in ten have two or more chronic diseases
- Eleven million people die each year due to eating an unhealthy diet
- Up to sixty percent of calories come from ultra-processed foods in the form of flour, sugar, wheat, corn, and soybean oil
- Those who eat the most ultra-processed foods are the sickest
- For every 10% of a diet that consists of ultra-processed food, the risk of death goes up by 14%.
Here's the good news:
The simplicity of eating healthily can be found in the scripture when God said to Adam, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. You may eat freely from every tree of the garden ..."
Eat Freely: God's Perspective About Food isn't a guidebook on what to eat and what not to eat. Instead, Eat Freely is about changing your perspective when it comes to eating based upon the tenets in the Bible and the eight spiritual gifts God has blessed us with. The Creator has given us all we need to eat well, and this book will help you see the impact eating freely can make in your body and in your spiritual practice. By eating freely, you'll find your way to eating well, critical not only for your physical health but for your spiritual health as well.
If you can change your relationship with food-what you eat and the way you eat it-you can improve your health and your spiritual well-being.
This book will show you how
- ISBN-13: 9781951694142
- ISBN-10: 1951694147
- Publisher: Gracelight Press
- Publish Date: December 2020
- Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 0.51 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.74 pounds
- Page Count: 224