Dig up a whole new culinary world with this New York Times best-selling field guide to foraging
Most of us "forage" for food in the aisles of well-lit grocery stores. But there are delicious edible plants for the taking right outside your door This all-in-one reference shows you how to identify 31 of the most common edible wild plants in North America, from California to Connecticut.
- Gather your gear-Dive into edible plant history and foraging FAQs, and learn what tools you'll need before you head out.
- Spot the snacks-Find photos, descriptions, distinguishing characteristics, and common uses for 31 edible wild plants-from arrowroot to wild rose.
- Recipes and remedies-Learn to use wild plants in everything from curry and cookies to bug bite balm and bath soaks.
- Stay safe-This book includes foraging guidelines that are vital to your safety. It's recommended you read it in its entirety before you explore.
Make the most of what Mother Nature has to offer with Edible Wild Plants for Beginners.
- ISBN-13: 9781623152512
- ISBN-10: 1623152518
- Publisher: Althea Press
- Publish Date: November 2013
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 5.5 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
- Page Count: 258