Do you want to be on the cutting edge of the future of yoga?
If you desire an authentic yoga practice embracing ancient yogic philosophy and traditions but don't know how to embody that knowledge with integrity in today's modern yoga culture, Embrace Yoga's Roots is your guide to honor and not appropriate yoga.
"When we mistake yoga for a workout routine, reduce it to physical fitness or even do some of the deeper aspects of yoga without an eye to the whole system of liberation it offers, we rob ourselves and each other of the potential of this practice," says Susanna Barkataki.
Embrace Yoga's Roots explores the past's yogic traditions, brings them alive today, and preserves them for the future by examining what separates us, reflecting on our part, taking action for equity and moving toward liberation together. If you practice, teach or want to learn yoga integrating your ethics and values while respecting ancient yoga philosophy, you have found the essential guide to making that goal a reality.
"I can't think of anyone more suited to lead the way to embrace yoga's roots than Susanna. This book should be required reading in yoga teacher trainings across the world." Rachel Brathen - author of the New York Times Bestseller Yoga Girl
The Embrace Yoga Roots Framework revealed in this book shares four keys steps to deepen your yoga practice, increase empathy and create unity both personally and with the world.
- Separation: Learning how colonization, cultural appropriation, and oppression results in trauma for yogis and separation from yoga traditions.
- Reflection: Understanding the causes of separation and our roles, either supporting separation (knowingly or not) versus creating unity and equity in yoga.
- Reconnection: Exploring specific and concrete skills and solutions for living and practicing yoga as unity, inspiring global transformation.
- Liberation: Integrating a more honorable and ethical practice in your life supporting personal growth by following the ancient teachings.
Barkataki shares tools, resources and gentle guidance demonstrating how you can embody a complete yoga practice that includes and extends beyond the physical, the mindful and the sacred to something equitable, inclusive and accessible for everyone on all levels of their being. This book is more than a textbook on yoga's history but a practical guide offering reflective questions for the personal exploration of challenging topics leading to personal and social transformation. Embrace Yoga's Roots shows you how to take this awakened understanding and vital message into your local yoga community, helping to connect you with the yoga community worldwide.
Lead the global movement now by honoring and embracing ancient philosophies, practices and lifestyles supporting a unified yogic state.
- ISBN-13: 9781734318111
- ISBN-10: 1734318112
- Publisher: Ignite Yoga and Wellness Institute
- Publish Date: November 2020
- Dimensions: 10 x 7 x 0.61 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.12 pounds
- Page Count: 290