John C. Maxwell breaks down the personal characteristics necessary for becoming an effective team player.
Leadership expert John C. Maxwell follows his bestselling The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork with this powerfully succinct companion book. Stating that great team players are developed from the inside out, Maxwell identifies the seventeen qualities that make up an in-demand team player while outlining how to embody those qualities.
In The 17 Essential Qualities of a Team Player, Maxwell outlines the successes of team players who have been:
- Intentional - making every action count toward a long-term goal
- Relational - focused on others
- Selfless - willing to take a subordinate role for the sake of the team
- Tenacious - hardworking and optimistic in the face of setbacks
This instructional resource shows how these qualities, among many others, impact the team and its success. If you want to have a better team, you have to develop better players.
The 17 Essential Qualities of a Team Player is not feel-good platitudes and abstract thinking, but concrete actions designed to improve the value of every team player.
- ISBN-13: 9780785288817
- ISBN-10: 0785288813
- Publisher: HarperCollins Leadership
- Publish Date: October 2006
- Dimensions: 8.3 x 4.81 x 0.73 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.58 pounds
- Page Count: 176