A graphically stunning, comprehensive introduction to the chemical elements that make up our universe for ages 8-14
This artful and accessible guide to the periodic table -- the ultimate reference tool for scientists worldwide -- names all 118 chemical elements and helps young readers understand the remarkable ways we have learned to use them.
Graphically stunning layouts feature each element's letter symbol and atomic number, exploring its attributes, characteristics, uses, and interesting stories behind its discovery. Complete with a comprehensive introduction, conclusion, and glossary, this is the perfect introduction to chemistry for inquisitive minds.
Wrapped in a double-sided jacket, with the illustrated periodic table printed on the underside, Exploring the Elements is jam-packed with 240 pages of information, including:
- A comprehensive introduction explaining what elements are and the design and purpose of the periodic table
- Each of the 118 elements is visually presented with its respective letter symbol and atomic number, as well as a map of where it's located in the periodic table
- Additional details showing where each element is found in the universe (from food on our plates to the center of a star), its unique properties, atomic diagram, secret chemistry, and working examples of how it's used or changing the world
- Plus an index, glossary and suggested reading and additional references and Resources
Both a gift book and a practical book, Exploring the Elements is for teachers and librarians, parents and grandparents, the home bookshelf and classroom bookshelf, science enthusiasts and budding scientists of all ages.
- ISBN-13: 9781838662318
- ISBN-10: 1838662316
- Publisher: Phaidon Press
- Publish Date: November 2020
- Dimensions: 8.1 x 9.1 x 1.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.05 pounds
- Page Count: 224
- Reading Level: Ages 8-12