A modern replacement for the classic Vine's Expository Dictionary
Providing access to the subtle nuances and layers of meaning behind the original Greek and Hebrew Scriptures, Renn's superb KJV-based tool is thoroughly accessible to contemporary teachers, lay leaders, and students. Comprehensive and thoroughly up-to-date, it provides a fascinating look at the themes and theological concepts that connect the Old and New Testaments.
- The Expository Dictionary examines over 7,260 Greek and Hebrew words--all alphabetically arranged under the English translation and coded to Strong's revised numbering system for ease of use.
- Each article is divided into two sections--Old Testament (Hebrew) Words and New Testament (Greek) Words--with an entry for the original word along with its transliteration, translation, range of meaning(s), and clear explanations of its use in different biblical contexts.
- "Additional Notes" make invaluable connections between Old and New Testament words, themes, and theological concepts.
- The comprehensive cross-reference system thoroughly links related words and discussions.
- This completely new work with its well-designed pages is easy to navigate.
Stephen D. Renn has served as the Head of Biblical Studies and Academic Dean at the Sydney Missionary and Bible College, lecturing in Old Testament and Biblical Hebrew (1986 2001). He was Principal of the Sutherland Shire Christian School from 2001 to 2003 and is currently Coordinator of Language Teaching at Inaburra School in Sydney, New South Wales, with additional responsibilities for the teaching of history and Bible.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9781598565737
- ISBN-10: 1598565737
- Publisher: Hendrickson Academic
- Publish Date: July 2005
- Dimensions: 9.4 x 7.2 x 2.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.75 pounds
- Page Count: 1200
- Reading Level: Ages 12-UP