A fresh way of thinking about spirituality that grows throughout life
In Falling Upward, Fr. Richard Rohr seeks to help readers understand the tasks of the two halves of life and to show them that those who have fallen, failed, or gone down are the only ones who understand up. Most of us tend to think of the second half of life as largely about getting old, dealing with health issues, and letting go of life, but the whole thesis of this book is exactly the opposite. What looks like falling down can largely be experienced as falling upward. In fact, it is not a loss but somehow actually a gain, as we have all seen with elders who have come to their fullness.
- Explains why the second half of life can and should be full of spiritual richness
- Offers a new view of how spiritual growth happens?loss is gain
- Richard. Rohr is a regular contributing writer for Sojourners and Tikkun magazines
This important book explores the counterintuitive message that we grow spiritually much more by doing wrong than by doing right.
- ISBN-13: 9780470907757
- ISBN-10: 0470907754
- Publisher: Jossey-Bass
- Publish Date: April 2011
- Dimensions: 7.3 x 5.1 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.6 pounds
- Page Count: 240