A Field Guide to Coastal Fishes is a comprehensive, current, and accurate identification guide to the more than 1,000 nearshore and offshore fishes that live in brackish and marine waters from Maine to Texas.
Val Kells and Kent Carpenter bring decades of experience to this project. With Kells' detailed, vivid illustrations and Carpenter's deep knowledge of biology, taxonomy, and nomenclature, this book captures the stunning diversity of species along America's eastern shores. Key features of the book include:
- more than 1,000 full-color illustrations, set side-by-side with descriptions of each fish
- details about the biology of each species
- habitat, distribution, and size information
Reliable and up-to-date, A Field Guide to Coastal Fishes is the most complete book ever published on East and Gulf Coast fishes--perfect for boat, home, or classroom. Its beautiful design and accessible format make it an ideal guide for fishermen, divers, students, scientists, naturalists, and fish enthusiasts alike.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9780801898389
- ISBN-10: 0801898382
- Publisher: Johns Hopkins University Press
- Publish Date: January 2011
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 5.58 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.75 pounds
- Page Count: 448
- Reading Level: Ages 18-UP