Eight gospel-centered strategies for overcoming the lure of pornography and finally breaking free.
This book is not about pornography. You won't find graphic depictions about the porn industry, the catastrophic effects it has on individuals and relationships, or how to think differently about porn. If you're reading this book, you probably have some understanding of those things already--the last thing you need is to be subjected to that kind of detail...again.
Finally Free is about hope. It's about discovering the freeing power available to those who trust in Jesus Christ, who can, will, and does set people free from the power of pornography.
Dr. Heath Lambert, a leader in the biblical counseling movement, has organized this book around eight clear and practical tactics you can wield to make it easier to flee lust and temptation and shelter in the protection of God's grace. Each chapter:
- Clearly demonstrates how the gospel applies to the fight against sexual temptation.
- Lays out relevant methods for leaning on Christ's strength--both in advance of and in moments of temptation.
- Explains how Jesus can move readers from a life of struggle to a life of purity.
If you've struggled personally against the powerful draw of pornography, or if you've ever tried to help someone fighting this battle, you know how hard it is to break its bonds. But there is good news: no matter how intense or long-standing the struggle, Jesus Christ has the power to free people from the enslaving power of pornography.
The Gospel has a power that works practically in the lives of those who seek to imitate Christ--and you can learn how to live into that power.
- ISBN-13: 9780310499237
- ISBN-10: 0310499232
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publish Date: August 2013
- Dimensions: 8.1 x 5.3 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.35 pounds
- Page Count: 176