The Exclusive Method You Can Use to Learn--Not Just Memorize--Essential Words
A powerful vocabulary expands your world of opportunity. Building your word power will help you write more effectively, communicate clearly, score higher on standardized tests like the SAT, ACT, or GRE, and be more confident and persuasive in everything you do.
Using the exclusive Fiske method, you will not just memorize words, but truly learn their meanings and how to use them correctly. This knowledge will stay with you longer and be easier to recall--and it doesn't take any longer than less-effective memorization.
How does it work? This book uses a simple three-part system:
1. Patterns: Words aren't arranged randomly or alphabetically, but in similar groups based on meaning and origin that make words easier to remember over time.
2. Deeper Meanings, More Examples: Full explanations--not just brief definitions--of what the words mean, plus multiple examples of the words in sentences.
3. Quick Activities: Frequent short quizzes help you test how much you've learned, while helping your brain internalize their meanings.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9781492650744
- ISBN-10: 1492650749
- Publisher: Sourcebooks
- Publish Date: July 2018
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 6 x 1.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Page Count: 400