With Fitness After 40, regain the energy and physique of a teenager in no time.
Your body is getting older, those stairs are looking steeper, and your bones are cracking louder. The unavoidable fact is that your body is aging. However, that doesn't have to impact your fitness level. Forget how many candles were on your last birthday cake--if you exercise smarter, you can remain youthful, energetic, and strong.
As an academic orthopedic surgeon and internationally recognized authority on active aging and mobility, Dr. Vonda Wright has created a unique medical program designed to target the fitness and performance needs of mature athletes. In this invaluable resource, Wright reveals how anyone can use flexibility, aerobic exercise, and strength training to maximize the benefits of their fitness regime.
You will learn how to:
- Understand your body, and approach exercise in a new way
- Maximize your fitness while minimizing injury
- Gain flexibility--no matter your age
- Benefit from aerobic exercise
- Build strength through resistance training
- Improve balance
Fitness After 40 for all maturing adults includes "20 Minutes to Burn" workouts, a six-week total-body plan, and the latest information on nutrition, injury prevention, joint preservation, and the mind/body connection for all maturing adults.
- ISBN-13: 9780814449004
- ISBN-10: 081444900X
- Publisher: Amacom
- Publish Date: August 2015
- Dimensions: 9.4 x 7.4 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.15 pounds
- Page Count: 384
- Reading Level: Ages 18-NA