At 100 years old, Murray McBride has outlived everyone he's ever loved. But when he meets Jason Cashman, a 10-year-old boy with a terminal illness, Murray may learn something about finding meaning in life as he helps his young friend fulfill his last wishes.
With all his family and friends gone, one-hundred-year-old Murray McBride is looking for a reason to live. He finds it in Jason Cashman, a ten-year-old boy with a terminal heart defect and a list of five things he wants to do before he dies. Together, they race against the limited time each has left, ticking off wishes one by one. Along the way, Murray remembers what it's like to be young, and Jason fights for the opportunity to grow old. But when tragedy strikes, their worlds are turned upside-down, and an unexpected gift is the only thing that can make Jason's final wish come true.
- Maxy Awards "Book of the Year"
- #1 Amazon Bestseller Coming of Age
- #1 Amazon Bestseller Literary Fiction
- #1 Amazon Bestseller Biographical Literary Fiction
- ISBN-13: 9781684330409
- ISBN-10: 1684330408
- Publisher: Black Rose Writing
- Publish Date: May 2018
- Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 0.59 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.63 pounds
- Page Count: 234