Learn to identify gemstones in and for jewelry with this must-have guide Packed with fascinating gemological details and up-to-date information on more than 70 of the most exquisite gemstones, Gemstones is the reference guide you need to identify a variety of gems. Join leading expert Judith Crowe as she shares: - Accurate information on how to identify gemstones and how the gem trade operates so you can buy with confidence.
- Detailed information on the treatments, imitations, pricing, cuts, sources, and gem appraisals.
- Covers the common pitfalls in identifying stones and clarifies areas of confusion and misidentification.
- Practical gemological information on colored gemstones, diamonds, and organic gems. Plus historical context for those buying and selling antique and vintage gem-set jewelry.
Jewelers and designer goldsmiths, lapidaries and gem cutters, stone setters, gemologists, geologists, or anyone interested in gemstones and gem-set jewelry, Gemstones has the information you're looking for.
- ISBN-13: 9781632506825
- ISBN-10: 1632506823
- Publisher: Interweave Press
- Publish Date: July 2019
- Dimensions: 10.1 x 8.7 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.1 pounds
- Page Count: 192