A wonderful history and celebration of The Waltons TV show.
Goodnight, John-Boy is a nostalgic memory book of The Waltons, the number-one television show of its time. Filled with behind-the-scenes anecdotes and profiles of people who appeared on the show, it introduces readers to the Hamner family members who later became characters on The Waltons, suggests events and locales that inspired many of the episodes, and traces Earl Hamner's life as a writer from Virginia to New York to Hollywood.
For eight wonderful years The Waltons, the story of a family living in the foothills of Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains during the Depression, entertained America and the world. Yet this television show was more than entertaining. Each episode combined wonderful stories and "teachable moments" in which adults and children alike learned the importance of honesty, hard work, respect, responsibility, self-sacrifice, and kindness. As is true in most families, the Waltons faced many challenges, occasionally stumbled along the way, but they struggled to live their lives within the framework of the values they believed and taught.
Included in Goodnight, John-Boy:
- A description of each episode
- Events and locales that inspired the episodes
- Reminiscence, comments, and personal feelings from writers, actors, directors, producers, family, and fans
- Publicity shots and personal photographs taken by cast, crew, and others
The perfect conversation-starting coffee table book or gift for grandpa, grandma, or any fan of The Waltons
- ISBN-13: 9781581822984
- ISBN-10: 1581822987
- Publisher: Cumberland House
- Publish Date: October 2002
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 7 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.83 pounds
- Page Count: 240