The inspiring autobiography from Gabrielle Douglas--the first African-American gymnast in Olympic history to become the individual All-Around champion--revealing her journey from the time she first entered a gym to her gold-medal-winning performances.
In the 2012 London Olympics, US gymnast Gabrielle Douglas stole hearts and flew high as the All-Around Gold Medal winner and the brightest star of the US gold-medal-winning women's gymnastics team. That same year, Gabrielle was also named the 2012 Sportswoman of the Year by the Women's Sports Foundation.
In this personal autobiography, Grace, Gold, and Glory My Leap of Faith, Gabrielle tells her story of faith, perseverance, and determination. Walk with Gabby Douglas through her journey of faith and what her family overcame, from the time she first entered a gymnasium to her gold-medal-winning performances, demonstrating to readers ages 13 and up that they can reach their dreams when they let themselves soar.
Grace, Gold, and Glory My Leap of Faith:
- Is the official autobiography of renowned US gymnast Gabrielle Douglas
- Chronicles Gabrielle's journey from her first practice to becoming a 2012 gold-winning US gymnast
- Celebrates Gabrielle as the first African-American gymnast in Olympic history to become the individual All-Around champion, and the first American gymnast to win gold in both the individual All-Around and team competitions at the same Olympics.
- Is one of the most inspiring books on the market today for reader ages 13 and up
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9780310740674
- ISBN-10: 0310740673
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publish Date: November 2013
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 5.9 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.55 pounds
- Page Count: 224
- Reading Level: Ages 9-12