This delightful collection of short stories from acclaimed writer, Susan Gabriel (The Secret Sense of Wildflower, a Kirkus Reviews Best Book of 2012 and Amazon #1 bestseller), is rich in humor, as well as mystery and meaning. Whether white or black, living or dead, down home country or upscale urban, Gabriel's characters are quirky, poignant and deep. They include:
- A Gullah woman using folk magic to cast her latest spell.
- A girl coming-of-age dealing with death in 1940s Tennessee.
- A wealthy Savannah matriarch with gastrointestinal issues guarding family secrets.
- A good ol' boy observing himself shortly after his death.
- An agoraphobic woman striking up a unique friendship with the girl across the street.
- And a band of seventy-year-olds finding healing in a mountain stream.
Written in the tradition of Flannery O'Connor and Eudora Welty, the eight short stories in Grace, Grits and Ghosts: Southern Short Stories are all rooted in the southern landscape-from the steamy coast of Georgia, to the current day Atlanta suburbs, to the ancient Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina. Pull up a rocker on the front porch, take a sip of your sweet iced tea and lose yourself in these original stories of soulful southerners and their sultry landscape.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9780983588283
- ISBN-10: 0983588287
- Publisher: Wild Lily Arts
- Publish Date: November 2015
- Dimensions: 8 x 5.25 x 0.25 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.28 pounds
- Page Count: 106