Discover 50 of the best houseplants you can grow in your dim or dark apartment.
In Grow in the Dark, author Lisa Eldred-Steinkopf, known as the Houseplant Guru, shares the knowledge she's gained tending to her own personal jungle of over 1,000 houseplants.
Having a south-facing window doesn't always guarantee you the best light to grow plants--especially if your window faces an alley or a tree-lined street. What's the point of growing an urban jungle if tall buildings are blocking all your sunshine? This compact guide, designed to look as good on your shelf as it is useful, will help you learn how to make the most of your light so you can reap the physical and emotional benefits of living with plants.
- Individual profiles for the top 50 houseplants that grow in low-light conditions, with information on care, size, cultivars, and pet safety
- DIY ideas for how to make the most of the limited light, with targeted advice based on which direction your windows face
- Tips for propagation, watering, and troubleshooting houseplant problems such as pests and diseases
Whether you live in a shady top-floor apartment or a dungeon-y garden level, this book will help you grow your plant collection to its healthiest for its Instagram debut.
- ISBN-13: 9780760364512
- ISBN-10: 0760364516
- Publisher: Cool Springs Press
- Publish Date: May 2019
- Dimensions: 8.8 x 7.9 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds
- Page Count: 160