Research shows that the majority of public school students in the United States qualify as poor, but you have the power to change their futures for the better. A companion to the revised edition of Eric Jensen's Poor Students, Rich Teaching, this handbook provides a plethora of tools, organizers, worksheets, and surveys designed to help you fully embrace the mindsets in the classroom that lead to richer teaching.
Implement strategies for overcoming adversity and poverty in schools with this practical guide:
- Explore seven essential mindsets as well as accompanying strategies for each.
- Discover specific actions and practices that will help you counteract the detrimental effects of poverty on education and student success.
- Learn how to build meaningful teacher-student relationships specifically with students from poverty.
- Understand how to engage students and change attitudes, cognitive capacity, effort, and classroom behaviors.
- ISBN-13: 9781947604650
- ISBN-10: 1947604651
- Publisher: Solution Tree
- Publish Date: February 2019
- Dimensions: 10.9 x 8.4 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.7 pounds
- Page Count: 280