Is your heart unsettled by the chaos of the world? Are you heavy-laden with bad moments, mad moments, or anxious moments? Today, rest in God's self-giving love and leave all your troubles at the foot of the cross.
In He Chose the Nails, Max Lucado observes that the last moments leading up to Jesus' death were not left up to chance. God chose the path; he selected the nails. Our Lord planted the trio of crosses and painted the sign. God was never more sovereign than in the details of the death of his Son. And in those details are gifts Christ provided for us...the cross. The thorns. The nails. His seamless robe. The empty tomb.
God didn't have to give us all these things, you know. The only required act for our salvation was the shedding of blood, yet he did much more. So much more.
In this Easter season study, Max will help you:
- Experience Lent as a time not to just give up something, but to prepare to receive good gifts from God.
- Take comfort that Jesus understands everything you face in this life.
- Receive the grace of Christ's work for us, and cooperate with God's work in us to make us more like him.
- Stand firm in the promise that you are forgiven, and you are welcome in God's presence, no matter what you've done.
Search the scene of the cross and listen for God's gentle whisper, "I did it just for you."
The He Chose the Nails Study Guide includes video notes and discussion questions, Bible exploration, an individual application activity, and a Lenten practice to complete between meetings.
- He Chose to Be One of Us
- He Chose to Forgive Us
- He Chose to Invite Us into His Presence
- He Chose to Love Us Forever
- He Chose to Give Us Victory
- He Chose to Give Us Confidence (optional session for Week 6 of Lent)
Designed for use with Because of Bethlehem/He Chose the Nails Video Study (9780310687849), sold separately. The DVD is a two-disc set for Christmas and Easter.
- ISBN-13: 9780310687269
- ISBN-10: 0310687268
- Publisher: Harperchristian Resources
- Publish Date: September 2016
- Dimensions: 8.3 x 5.5 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.35 pounds
- Page Count: 144