A realistic, fast-paced reimagining of the Sleeping Beauty fairytale full of royalty, romance, and danger. This masterful combination of love and heartbreak--combined with the novel's surprise ending--is everything fans of fantasy, historical, and medieval fiction yearn for.
Rose has been appointed as a healer's apprentice at Hagenheim Castle, a rare opportunity for a woodcutter's daughter like her. While she often feels uneasy at the sight of blood, Rose is determined to prove herself capable. Failure will mean returning home to marry the aging bachelor her mother has chosen for her--a bloated, disgusting merchant who makes Rose feel ill.
When Lord Hamlin, the future duke, is injured, it is Rose who must tend to him. As she works to heal his wound, she begins to understand emotions she's never felt before and wonders if he feels the same.
But falling in love is forbidden, as Lord Hamlin is betrothed to a mysterious young woman in hiding. As Rose's life spins toward confusion, she must take the first steps on a journey to discover her own destiny.
The Healer's Apprentice:
- An award-winning historical romance--a creative retelling of the Sleeping Beauty fairytale--by author Melanie Dickerson
- Perfect for readers ages 13-18 and adults who enjoy historical romances similar to Eva Ibbotson's
- A romantic, fast-paced read--sure to entrance fans of fairytale retellings
- ISBN-13: 9780310721437
- ISBN-10: 0310721431
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publish Date: September 2010
- Dimensions: 8.4 x 5.5 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.6 pounds
- Page Count: 272
- Reading Level: Ages 15-18