It's time to debunk all the myths about foods we want to eat. The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth, Revised Edition delivers facts on foods; no spin, no agenda.In this newly updated nutrition reference guide, acclaimed nutritionist and bestselling author Jonny Bowden debunks traditional food myths, saves the reputations of foods long suffering from bad publicity, and provides just the facts--so you can make good, health-conscious decisions about which foods you and your family should eat. You'll learn the latest research on many of your favorite foods, as well as some surprising new findings on the health benefits of foods you may have been avoiding unnecessarily. Did you know that, according to the latest research,
- Saturated fat does not cause heart disease?
- Full-fat dairy may protect against diabetes?
- There is no need to avoid meat if it is 100 percent grass fed?
- There is a major difference between farmed salmon and wild salmon?
No food provides everything. But real food--whole food with minimal processing--contains a virtual pharmacy of nutrients, phytochemicals, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, and healthful fats, all of which keep you alive and thriving. Learn how easy it is to find "real" food and discover what more than a dozen well-known nutrition experts say are their "top ten" healthiest foods on earth.
- ISBN-13: 9781592337644
- ISBN-10: 1592337643
- Publisher: Fair Winds Press (MA)
- Publish Date: August 2017
- Dimensions: 10 x 8 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.5 pounds
- Page Count: 376