Instead of helping in the aftermath of loss, many of the books and strategies meant to guide us through grief only add to the sadness. No one understands the need for a new approach more than Michelle Steinke-Baumgard, who lost her husband in a tragic plane accident and became a widow overnight. In the darkest moment of her life, the mother of two young children found solace and hope in the unlikeliest of places: exercise. She recorded her journey in her blog, One Fit Widow, and soon had a huge community of devoted followers. Now, Michelle offers her revolutionary solution to grief to everyone struggling with their own loss.
Healthy Healing addresses the physical, mental, and emotional effects of grief in a way that no other book in the category has ever done, offering a 12-week plan that empowers you to work through loss by using the power of exercise and endorphins, and rediscovering happiness by strengthening body, mind and spirit through fitness. And the benefits don't end there: Exercise helps with poor sleep--a common side effect of trauma--and proper nutrition boosts immunity and fuels you through a busy, stressful time. Michelle dispels common myths about grief and replaces them with relatable advice and actionable inspiration, including:
- Starting with baby steps such as taking a walk or being in nature
- Learning to be comfortable with alone time and rediscovering your strength
- Pairing your exact circumstances with the right form of exercise, whether it's gentle yoga to release trapped sadness or intense kickboxing to work through anger
- Embracing community and surrounding yourself with support
This book is an exercise plan, nutrition guide, and, most importantly, a compassionate companion during the most difficult time in your life. With Healthy Healing, you'll learn how to channel your pain into something productive--and use tragedy as a catalyst for inspired change.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9780062656032
- ISBN-10: 0062656031
- Publisher: HarperOne
- Publish Date: October 2017
- Dimensions: 8.1 x 5.4 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.66 pounds
- Page Count: 304