If you've ever wanted a no-nonsense pocket ally to help you get ahead and drive your career, this book is it.
You know that person in your company everyone goes to for advice because they're trusted, they tell you the unvarnished truth, and their guidance is reliably golden? Well, for thirty years, in a variety of notable corporate settings, that person was Pat David. And now her targeted and applicable nuggets of guidance for confidently taking your career by the reins are yours.
Organized into themes and easy-to-digest sound bites to embolden both early-career and seasoned professionals alike, Pat has culled the cream of the crop of what she calls "Davidisms," replete with candid personal stories and real-life scenarios that illustrate the author's responses to over one hundred career questions she was asked over the span of three decades, such as:
- "My boss doesn't give me career advice. What should I do?"
- "I asked my manager for feedback on what I can do to get a promotion, and he/she said, 'Just keep doing what you're doing.' What does this mean?"
- "I've been in this job for over five years, I work hard, and I'm still not getting promoted. What do I do?"
- "How do I balance doing my job and delegating to others?"
Whether you're just embarking on your career, are eager to move up in a current position, or have been a leader for weeks or for years, The 'Her'story of Davidisms isn't simply another career guide. With Pat's signature straight-shooting style and solid, time-tested tips; it is an insider's playbook on a multitude of career-related topics. Think of it as an EZ-Pass to move you toward the fast track-as far as your courage, vision, and tenacity will take you.
- ISBN-13: 9781737612605
- ISBN-10: 1737612607
- Publisher: Picard Press
- Publish Date: November 2021
- Dimensions: 8 x 5 x 0.47 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.5 pounds
- Page Count: 206