For almost twenty years, dog owners have turned to this compact guide for sensible, step-by-step advice how to housebreak their beloved pets--in just one week! Now revised and updated, pet expert Shirlee Kalstone's foolproof method for housebreaking your dog is available with a fresh new look and up-to-date information.
Whether your dog is a puppy or getting on in years, whether your goal is to housebreak, paper train, or litter train, this practical, easy-to-follow plan will help you transform your pet into a dependable member of the household--in a way that works with both his innate behavioral instincts and your individual lifestyle. You'll never again have to worry about your dog acting out, feeling anxious or depressed--or ruining your brand-new rug--as you discover:
* The simple secret of successful housebreaking--understanding your dog as a den dweller
* Step-by-step programs tailored to both apartment dwellers and home owners, as well as to people who go to work, versus those who are home all day
* Schedules for training puppies and (re)training adult dogs
* How to identify your dog's natural behavioral rhythms--and use them to your advantage
* How to cope with housebreaking lapses, marking territory, separation anxiety, and health problems
* The power of praise and positive reinforcement, not punishment
Including sample schedules and timetables, and a list of related resources and websites, here is the essential, proven advice that will make training a pleasure, for both you and your dog.From the Trade Paperback edition.
This item is Non-Returnable.