Many of us dream of quitting our jobs, hopping on a plane, and escaping our daily reality to frolic around on a beach for a while. But for most of us, it's just a dream - until now.
How to Quit Your Job & Travel is a practical, step-by-step guide to one of the most exciting, exhilarating, and terrifying things you'll ever do. You'll learn how to tackle each of the challenges preventing you from taking off on a long-term trip, from finances to fear to returning to reality - and all the nitty-gritty logistics along the way.
But once you do actually pack your bags, throw your stuff into storage, and head off - what's next? Lia Garcia, co-founder and CEO of one of the most-read travel blogs in the world, spills all the things nobody tells you about the reality of long term travel - and coming home again - with stories from her own disastrous year-long honeymoon.
This book is divided into four sections:
- Part One focuses on laying the groundwork for your trip, including the preparations and decisions that take place well before you leave. You'll learn to identify and navigate fears and obstacles in your way as you develop a rough outline for your trip, set yourself a departure deadline, calculate the cost of your adventure, start working towards a specific savings goal, and turn your travel dream into an actionable plan.
- Part Two takes place in the months before your trip, as you finalize your plans, pack your bags, book your itinerary, and tie up loose ends at home. You'll learn how to effectively plan a long-term trip, tackle each piece of the logistical puzzle of placing your life on hold, find out what to pack (and what to leave at home), and take off on the adventure of a lifetime.
- Part Three prepares you for the trip itself, including all the things that nobody tells you about long-term travel, how to stay safe and prevent theft, and what to do if you find yourself running out of funds. You'll learn about the many challenges of long-term travel, the beauty of "travel magic," and how to overcome challenges while you're on the road.
- Part Four occurs after the trip, as you return home and reintegrate into ordinary life. We'll cover how to prepare yourself for the most difficult part of long-term travel, including picking back up where you left off with your career (or choosing not to), and how to use the skills you learned during your travels to identify your needs and adjust to the life you've returned to.
In each part of the book, you'll find specific, actionable advice interwoven with stories and mishaps from the author's year-long honeymoon.
At the end of the book is a reference section containing all of the websites, apps, businesses, academic studies, spreadsheet templates, and tools mentioned or recommended, as well as tables organizing specific information you'll need as you plan your trip. You'll also recieve acces to a digital and printable version of the "Reference" section.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9780578823096
- ISBN-10: 0578823098
- Publisher: Practical Wanderlust
- Publish Date: December 2020
- Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.87 pounds
- Page Count: 266