Reading the Bible doesn't need to be a difficult journey through strange and bewildering territory. How to Read the Bible Book by Book walks you through the Scriptures like an experienced tour guide, helping you understand each of its sixty-six books.
For each book of the Bible, the authors start with a quick snapshot, then expand the view to help you better understand its message and how it fits into the grand narrative of the Bible. Written by two top evangelical scholars, this survey is designed to get you actually reading the Bible knowledgeably and understanding it accurately.
In an engaging, conversational style, Gordon Fee and Douglas Stuart take you through every book of the Bible using their unique approach:
- Orienting Data--Concise info bytes that form a thumbnail of the book.
- Overview--A brief panorama that introduces key concepts and themes and important landmarks in the book
- Specific Advice for Reading--Pointers for accurately understanding the details and message of the book in context with the circumstances surrounding its writing.
- A Walk Through--The actual section-by-section tour that helps you see both the larger landscape of the book and how its various parts work together to form the whole.
How to Read the Bible Book by Book can be used as a companion to How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth. It also stands on its own as a reliable guide to reading and understanding the Bible for yourself.
- ISBN-13: 9780310518082
- ISBN-10: 0310518083
- Publisher: Zondervan Academic
- Publish Date: June 2014
- Dimensions: 7.9 x 5.2 x 1.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
- Page Count: 448
- Reading Level: Ages 18-UP