The ultimate guide for college students and grads seeking interviews in a tough economy.Read more...
The ultimate guide for college students and grads seeking interviews in a tough economy. It explains how to:
(1) transform even modest educational achievements and non-paying life experiences -- from hobbies and travel to family circumstances and extracurricular activities -- into persuasive statements about abilities,
(2) generate job interviews by professionally fine-tuning resumes and cover letters specifically for each application, and
(3) prepare successfully for interviews by writing persuasive resumes and cover letters.
REVEALS RESUME-WRITING SECRETS:
* what to include when you lack paid professional experience
* how to get great references even from people you don't know well
* why to use a summary statement instead of an objective statement in most fields
* when to include hobbies, travel, and technology skills
* why you should NOT list most courses already taken
* what to do if your GPA is unimpressive
* which designs and basic templates work the best
* how to determine the perfect verbs and adjectives for a specific job
* the 5 things you MUST address in a cover letter
* an in-depth index so you can find exactly what you need
* before-and-after samples of rewritten resumes and cover letters
* a helpful flow chart for writing resumes and cover letters
* "Dr. Q's Tips" based on actual student and alumni experiences
* "Expert Advice" quotations from dozens of publications not online
* a categorized list of "action verbs" that appeal to potential employers
* sample resumes with accompanying cover letters
Quentin Schultze, Ph.D. (AKA "Dr. Q"), is a well-published and prize-winning author, a popular speaker, and an award-winning college teacher with over 30 years experience mentoring students and graduates. Bethany Kim is a writer, teacher, and consultant on teaching English to adult learners.
"This superb book explains how students and graduates can demonstrate that they're equipped for a job when they don't have any formal job experience to reference. Wish I had it 20 years ago." -- Gary Van Prooyen, Global Brand Director, Motorola, Inc.
"Practical and inspiring. If more of the resumes that come across my desk used this advice, hiring would be a lot easier. The appendices alone are worth the price of the book." -- Kevin Jeffer, Partner, Chief Creative Officer, re: creative
"I used to teach resume writing without a textbook because none of them really covered all the essentials. That's over. This book has all the nuts and bolts college-aged job hunters need." -- Professor Kathy Bruner, Taylor University
"I am making this book required reading for all my students." -- Professor Kevin T. Jones, Director of Internships, George Fox University
"Great for today's fiercely competitive job market " -- Scott Stegenga, Partner Manager, Yahoo Search Marketing
"Brilliant Should be required reading for every career-bound college graduate." -- Professor Peter A. Kerr, Asbury University
"Finally, a book I can recommend on writing resumes and cover letters " -- Professor John Pauley, Eastern University
"WOW I can't wait to get copies for my students." -- Professor Barbara Spies, Cardinal Stritch University
This item is Non-Returnable.