Industrial Maintenance and Mechatronics is a comprehensive, standards-based text that provides curriculum support for college-level Industrial Technology Maintenance (ITM) programs. The text carries the exclusive endorsement of NIMS and prepares students to earn up to nine of the nationally-recognized ITM credentials from NIMS.Designed to work in conjunction with the Duties and Standards for Industrial Technology Maintenance, the standards-based learning package will help students pass the testing and performance requirements for NIMS credentialing and acquire the multidisciplinary, hands-on skills needed in today's advanced manufacturing industry. The authors have purposefully designed the text to impart need-to-know information in an accessible style. It provides essential background theory and explains why ITM students need to know it. Special features include dedicated chapters on troubleshooting, plus Tech Tips and Safety Notes throughout the text, to prepare students for challenges they will encounter on the job.
- The text consists of 41 chapters grouped into sections that correspond to the principal industrial technology disciplines, with a special focus on electrical systems and electronic controls.
- Content includes multi-chapter sections on Maintenance Operations, Basic Mechanical Systems, Fluid Power, Electrical Systems, Electronic Control Systems, Process Control, Maintenance Welding, and Maintenance Piping, allowing the text to be used in multiple courses.
- The development of safe working practices is encouraged by extensive safety coverage and numerous Safety Notes throughout the textbook.
- NIMS Credentialing Preparation Questions are included at the end of each chapter, and the instructor resources include correlation charts for all nine NIMS Industrial Technology Maintenance credentials.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9781635634273
- ISBN-10: 163563427X
- Publisher: Goodheart-Wilcox Publisher
- Publish Date: September 2018
- Dimensions: 11.1 x 8.7 x 1.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.95 pounds
- Page Count: 944