Written over 400 years ago, Introduction to the Devout Life is still one of the most popular books for those pursuing holiness. St. Francis de Sales explains how to turn that desire for sanctity into resolutions that yield grace-filled results.
- Pursuing a devout life whole-heartedly
- Incorporating prayer and sacraments into a busy
- Growing in virtue
- Battling wisely against temptation
- Making spiritual progress through daily, monthly, and yearly exercises
Whether you are just beginning your spiritual journey or are more advanced in the spiritual life, you'll be able to apply this timeless wisdom immediately. Let St. Francis de Sales illumine the path to holiness and strengthen your desire to walk that road with the Lord.
St. Francis de Sales (1567-1622) was the Bishop of Geneva and a renowned spiritual director. Preaching during the Counter-Reformation, he is estimated to have converted 70,000 Calvinists in his short lifetime. He was a fervent proponent of the universal call to holiness and spent much of his time guiding lay people on the road to sanctity. Declared a Doctor of the Church by Pope Pius IX in 1877, St. Francis is still helping to form saints through his many writings, of which Introduction to the Devout Life is the most famous.
- ISBN-13: 9781621640561
- ISBN-10: 1621640566
- Publisher: Ignatius Press
- Publish Date: August 2015
- Dimensions: 8.11 x 5.04 x 0.34 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.7 pounds
- Page Count: 220