How do you "Quilt a Face?"
How do you bring your favorite people to life with fabric?
Fabric portrait artists and teachers, Phyllis Cullen and Cindy Richard, show you how to create amazing, true-to-life portraits!
"It's All About the Face" was born when the authors realized there was little available instruction about how to quilt faces. Having taught the subject for years, they decided to collaborate.
Capturing the essence of a subject is the goal. Phyllis and Cindy have applied the rules of fine art to quilting faces. The book offers in-depth direction - even if you cannot draw, have never taken an art class or even a sewing class.
Using large, full color, detailed images as examples, the authors lead the reader step by step through the process of:
- Composing a portrait so it tells a story and WOWS the viewer
- Using digital technology to reveal the values in every face
- Selecting fabrics
- Creating a totally recognizable fabric collage
- Quilting your masterpiece by following anatomical contours
The authors offer tips about lighting, taking reference photos, and photographing your finished quilts. They make recommendations about needles, thread, surface design, and even how to please the judges! Finally, Phyllis, who is also a doctor, touches on ways to keep your hands healthy.
Cindy and Phyllis want you to succeed! They offer classes and workshops to support the book and stand ready to answer your questions and help you with your projects. They feel confident that anyone who follows their instructions will get a great start on the fascinating journey that is "All About the Face!"
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9781736054406
- ISBN-10: 1736054406
- Publisher: Quilted Portraits and More, LLC
- Publish Date: November 2020
- Dimensions: 11 x 8.5 x 0.27 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.78 pounds
- Page Count: 104