"The book you hold in your hands is the distillate of a quarter century's teaching. It is my attempt to answer, 'What next?' for students who are embarking on their 'second act.'"
--Julia Cameron Julia Cameron has inspired millions with her bestseller on creativity, The Artist's Way. In It's Never Too Late To Begin Again, she turns her eye to a segment of the population that, ironically, while they have more time to be creative, are often reluctant or intimidated by the creative process. Cameron shows readers that retirement can, in fact, be the most rich, fulfilling, and creative time of their lives. When someone retires, the newfound freedom can be quite exciting, but also daunting. The life that someone had has changed, and the life to come is yet to be defined. In this book, Cameron shows readers how cultivating their creative selves can help them navigate this new terrain. She tells the inspiring stories of retirees who discovered new artistic pursuits and passions that more than filled their days--they nurtured their souls. This twelve-week course aimed at defining--and creating--the life you want to have as you redefine and re-create yourself, this book includes simple tools that will guide and inspire you to make the most of this time in your life: - Memoir writing offers an opportunity to reflect on and honor past experience. This book guides you through the daunting task of writing an entire memoir, breaking it down into manageable pieces.
- Morning Pages--private, stream-of-consciousness writing done daily--allow you to express wishes, fears, delights, resentments, and joys, which in turn, provide focus and clarity for the day at hand.
- Artist Dates encourage fun and spontaneity.
- Solo Walks quell anxiety and clear the mind. This fun, gentle, step-by-step process will help you explore your creative dreams, wishes, and desires...and help you quickly find that it's never too late to begin again.
- ISBN-13: 9780399174216
- ISBN-10: 0399174214
- Publisher: Tarcherperigee
- Publish Date: April 2016
- Dimensions: 9.1 x 7.3 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Page Count: 304