It took more than forty years of wandering, but finally the nation of Israel was ready to enter the land that God had promised them. However, they knew that arriving at the borders was just the beginning, for many battles and many foes still lay ahead. Yet, as Joshua reminded them, they also knew that the Lord had promised to fight all their battles and defeat their foes--through His power, and not their own.
In this study, pastor John MacArthur will guide you through an in-depth look at the Israelites' conquest of the Promised Land, beginning with the miraculous parting of the Jordan River, continuing through the victories and setbacks as the people settled into Canaan, and concluding with the time of the judges.
Studies include close-up examinations of Rahab, Ruth, and Samson, as well as careful considerations of doctrinal themes such as "The Sin of Achan" and the role of "The Kinsman Redeemer."
--ABOUT THE SERIES--
The MacArthur Bible Study series is designed to help you study the Word of God with guidance from widely respected pastor and author John MacArthur. Each guide provides intriguing examinations of the whole of Scripture by examining its parts and incorporates:
- Extensive, but straight-forward commentary on the text.
- Detailed observations on overriding themes, timelines, history, and context.
- Word and phrase studies to help you unlock the broader meaning and apply it to your life.
- Probing, interactive questions with plenty of space to write down your response and thoughts.
- ISBN-13: 9780718034719
- ISBN-10: 0718034716
- Publisher: Harperchristian Resources
- Publish Date: March 2016
- Dimensions: 8.8 x 5.9 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.4 pounds
- Page Count: 160