WHO SAID A PUPPY DOESN'T COME WITH AN INSTRUCTION MANUAL?
Newly revised, this perennially popular guide to everything you ever needed to know about your new puppy is now a more invaluable resource than ever. First use the authors' safe and effective tests to determine your dog's temperament: strong-willed, shy, high-energy, outgoing, calm, aggressive; then use their personalized techniques to begin your training. Soon you'll be on your way to a rewarding and loving relationship with your new dog. You will also get the lowdown on:
- Where to get a puppy (and where not to)
- What to do and buy to prepare for your puppy's homecoming
- How to create an immediate bond of trust between you and your puppy
- How to paper train and housebreak your puppy
- How to correct behavioral problems like spot soiling, furniture chewing, begging, jumping, excessive barking, and biting
Complete with updated training techniques and an all-new section of profiles of the twenty-five most popular breeds, this fully illustrated guide is an essential source of wisdom, information, and inspiration for any dog owner or dog owner-to-be.
- ISBN-13: 9780684855202
- ISBN-10: 0684855208
- Publisher: Touchstone Books
- Publish Date: June 2002
- Dimensions: 8.4 x 5.5 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.5 pounds
- Page Count: 224