The Jewish believers were torn between their new faith in Jesus and their old ways rooted in Old Testament routines and rituals. They were tempted to go back to their familiar life that seemed "good enough." But the author of Hebrews shows that when Jesus came, "the best got better."
The unknown author of Hebrews skillfully compares these believers' old ways and their new faith, arguing that Christ is better in every way. He focuses on Jesus, his effective ministry, and his ultimate sacrifice, showing us that absolutely nothing compares to our incomparable Christ.
As you read, study, journal, and discuss the book of Hebrews, watch for these key themes that Max will unpack throughout the book:
- Jesus Christ brought about a whole new way of connecting with and following God.
- Jesus is our compassionate high priest.
- Faith is the connector between this life and the next.
The Life Lessons with Max Lucado series brings the Bible to life in twelve lessons filled with intriguing questions, inspirational stories, and poignant reflections to take you deeper into God's Word. Each lesson includes:
- An opening reflection on the Bible book you're studying.
- Background information to deepen your understanding of the cultural and historical setting.
- An excerpt of the text (from the NIV and the NKJV).
- Exploration questions with plenty of room to write your own thoughts and notes.
- Inspirational thoughts from Max as well as a closing takeaway for further reflection.
The Life Lessons series is ideal for use in both a small-group setting or for individual study.
- ISBN-13: 9780310086581
- ISBN-10: 0310086582
- Publisher: Harperchristian Resources
- Publish Date: November 2018
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 5.9 x 0.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.35 pounds
- Page Count: 144