In an era marked by frustration, could you use more contentment? In a world filled with anxieties, worries, and fears, could you stand to have a bit more joy?
The believers in Philippi were struggling. They were trying to grow in faith and live for Christ. Trying to deal with conflict and threats of persecution. The apostle Paul was stuck in a Roman prison when he wrote to this young church. His letter could have focused on his own troubles. Instead, he wrote about living a life full of joy, peace, and contentment.
Paul's confidence reminds us of God's wisdom and control in the difficult moments of life. His excitement challenges us in this guide to joy. As you read, study, journal, and discuss the book of Philippians, watch for these key themes that Max will unpack throughout the book:
- By faith we have Christ in us because of the Spirit of God.
- Only Christ can bring salvation.
- Christian unity encourages our faith.
The Life Lessons with Max Lucado series brings the Bible to life in twelve lessons filled with intriguing questions, inspirational stories, and poignant reflections to take you deeper into God's Word. Each lesson includes:
- An opening reflection on the Bible book you're studying.
- Background information to deepen your understanding of the cultural and historical setting.
- An excerpt of the text (from the NIV and the NKJV).
- Exploration questions with plenty of room to write your own thoughts and notes.
- Inspirational thoughts from Max as well as a closing takeaway for further reflection.
The Life Lessons series is ideal for use in both a small-group setting or for individual study.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN: 9780310086512
- Publisher: HarperChristian Resources
- Imprint: HarperChristian Resources
- Date: July 2018