Discover how to engage your students effectively by strengthening their listening skills
In Listen Wise: Teach Students to Be Better Listeners, journalist, entrepreneur, and author Monica Brady-Myerov delivers a concise and thoughtful treatment of how to build powerful listening skills in K-12 students. You'll discover real-world examples and modern, research-based advice about helping young people improve their listening abilities and their overall academic performance. With personal anecdotes from the accomplished author and accessible excerpts from the latest neuroscience of listening and auditory learning, the book is a critical resource that will explain why listening is the missing piece of the literacy puzzle.
This important book will show you:
- Classroom stories and teacher viewpoints that highlight effective strategies to teach critical listening
- Why building listening skills in students is crucial to improving reading, especially for English learners.
- Why the Lexile Framework for Listening is contributing to a surging recognition of the importance of listening in the academic curriculum
Perfect for K-12 teachers looking for new ways to understand their students and how they learn, Listen Wise will also earn a place in the libraries of college and master's level students in education.
- ISBN-13: 9781119755494
- ISBN-10: 1119755492
- Publisher: Jossey-Bass
- Publish Date: April 2021
- Dimensions: 9.1 x 6.2 x 1.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.93 pounds
- Page Count: 240