Practical ways to explore and adapt a vegetarian lifestyle
Are you considering a vegetarian diet for yourself or your family? Wondering if it's safe and how you'll get the right amount of nutrients? This authoritative guide has all the answers you need about living vegetarian, featuring healthful advice as well as delicious dishes involving vegetables, fruits, grains, and dairy.
Inside you'll find expert advice on adopting a vegetarian lifestyle, from creating a vegetarian shopping list and understanding the nutritional aspects of vegetarian eating, to using the right cooking supplies to vegetarian etiquette, eating out, and converting a kitchen-and your family's mindset-away from meat. You'll discover how to make it work when you're the only member of the house who is vegetarian, as well as how to support a family member, including a child.
- Provides the latest information on vegetarian diets as they relate to health, the environment, and other areas of our lives
- Includes tips for gradually reducing your meat intake
- Explains the benefits of a vegetarian lifestyle
- Offers dozens of new recipes designed to ease the transition from omnivore to vegetarian
Whether you're a long-time vegetarian or just starting out, Living Vegetarian For Dummies, 2nd Edition is your guide to evaluating and enjoying a meat-free lifestyle.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9780470523025
- ISBN-10: 0470523026
- Publisher: For Dummies
- Publish Date: December 2009
- Dimensions: 9.18 x 7.28 x 0.89 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.23 pounds
- Page Count: 384