If you're in a relationship with someone who has Asperger's syndrome, it's likely that your partner sometimes seems cold and insensitive. Other times, he or she may have emotional outbursts for no apparent reason. And in those moments when you can't understand each other at all, you both feel fed up, frustrated, and confused.
The behavior of people with Asperger's can be hard to understand and easy to misinterpret, which is why it's so important to learn more about your partner's condition. The tools presented in Loving Someone with Asperger's Syndrome will help you build intimacy and improve the way you and your partner communicate. Filled with assessments and exercises for both you and your partner, this book will help you forge a deeper, more fulfilling relationship.
This book will teach you how to:- Understand the effect of Asperger's syndrome on your partner
- Practice effective communication skills
- Constructively work through frustrations and fights
- Establish relationship ground rules to help you fulfill each others' needs
- ISBN-13: 9781608820771
- ISBN-10: 1608820777
- Publisher: New Harbinger Publications
- Publish Date: March 2012
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 5.9 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.6 pounds
- Page Count: 216