Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0134403290.
Using a writing style that is practical and applicable to all kinds of classrooms, this widely popular book presents a user-friendly approach for planning and implementing lessons for teaching English learners and other students. It provides students with access to grade-level content, develops their academic English skills, and prepares them to be college and career ready. The SIOP model is a comprehensive, coherent, research-validated, success-proven model for improving teaching effectiveness and ensuring academic gains for students. It can be implemented in all content areas at all grade levels and English proficiency levels. Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners provides specific application of the SIOP to the Common Core and other state standards and includes a Reflect and Apply eText feature in which readers explain their rating of teachers' lessons, and Teaching with Technology vignettes that describe how to infuse technology into many different SIOP lessons. The Enhanced Pearson eText features new video links inserted throughout to illustrate chapter topics and discussion points. Check for Understanding and end-of-chapter quizzes provide a comprehensive means for gauging student understanding.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad(R) and Android(R) tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone for 50-60% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7" or 10" tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9780134045238
- ISBN-10: 0134045238
- Publisher: Pearson
- Publish Date: January 2016
- Dimensions: 10.8 x 8.4 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds
- Page Count: 384