Other Available Formats
Marijuana subtly damages the teenage brain, causing lifelong problems. Yet four million teens in Canada and the United States use the drug, a half million of them daily. For those who have heard only the pro-legalization side, this book presents the case against marijuana on an equal footing. In it, you will learn: - The scientific research refuting all the pro-marijuana talking points
- Why marijuana is not safe for adolescents, especially those behind the wheel
- How the news media helped to create an epidemic of teenage use
- Why the promise of tax revenue is a mirage
- Why legalization would be an economic burden on society
- The misleading language used by pro-legalization partisans
- Why marijuana laws that prohibit use are good for the public health Ed Gogek, MD, an addiction psychiatrist for 30 years, has treated more than 10,000 addicts and alcoholics in jails, prisons, homeless clinics, mental health centers and substance abuse treatment programs. His opinion pieces on addiction and mental health have appeared in the New York Times and over a dozen major U.S. newspapers. He received his medical training in Canada and the United States. "Dr. Gogek has a unique ability to master the complex and hotly contested material to make it understandable. His book has a strong message that our nation, including both Left and Right, needs today when most discussions of drug policy are filled with dangerous misinformation."
Robert L. DuPont, MD
First Director of National Institute of Drug Abuse
Second White House Drug Chief "This book is a must-read for anyone who cares about accuracy and fairness in news coverage."
Christine Tatum, Former National President, Society of Professional Journalists "Gogek lists all the pro-legalization arguments in detail, and refutes them exceptionally well."
Library Journal Marijuana Debunked - Published by Chiron Publications - www.ChironPublications.com and www.innerQuestBooks.com
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9781630512293
- ISBN-10: 163051229X
- Publisher: Innerquest
- Publish Date: August 2015
- Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 0.69 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.98 pounds
- Page Count: 332