Reverse mathematics trauma and find a universal blueprint for math success
In Mathematical Mindsets: Unleashing Students' Potential through Creative Math, Inspiring Messages and Innovative Teaching mathematics education expert and best-selling author Jo Boaler delivers a blueprint to banishing math anxiety and laying a foundation for mathematics success that anyone can build on.
Perfect for students who have been convinced they are naturally "bad at math," the author offers a demonstration of how to turn self-doubt into self-confidence by relying on the "mindset" framework.
Mathematical Mindsets is based on thousands of hours of in-depth study and research into the most effective--and ineffective--ways to teach math to young people. This new edition also includes:
- Brand-new research from the last five years that sheds brighter light on how to turn a fear of math into an enthusiastic desire to learn
- Developed ideas about ways to bring about equitable grouping in classrooms
- New initiatives to bring 21st century mathematics to K-12 classrooms
Mathematical Mindsets is ideal for K-12 math educators. It also belongs on the bookshelves of the parents interested in helping their K-12 children with their math education, as well as school administrators and educators-in-training.
- ISBN-13: 9781119823063
- ISBN-10: 1119823064
- Publisher: Jossey-Bass
- Publish Date: February 2022
- Dimensions: 9.2 x 7.3 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds
- Page Count: 320