Timothy and Kathy Keller will show you a portrait of marriage as it's meant to be according to the Bible...by first throwing out most of what we've been taught about love.
Modern culture would have you believe that everyone has a soul mate; that romance is the most important part of a successful marriage; that marriage does not mean 'til death do us part, but merely for as long as my needs are being met; and that when serious differences arise, divorce is the best solution. But all of these modern-day assumptions miss what marriage is really about.
In this six-session video-based Bible study (DVD/digital video sold separately), Timothy Keller, along with Kathy, his wife of forty years, draws a profound portrait of marriage from the pages of Scripture that neither idealizes nor rejects the institution but points us back to the relationship between God and man. The result is a vision for marriage that is refreshingly frank and unsentimental, yet hopeful and beautiful.
This study is for anyone from singles to couples considering marriage to those who have been married for any length of time.
- Service: Marriage Isn't about You
- Covenant: Created to Make Promises
- Roles: Loving through Mutual Submission
- Singleness: Strengthening the Spiritual Family
- Sex: The Act of Covenant Renewal
- Hope: Seeing the Great Horizon
Designed for use with The Meaning of Marriage Video Study (sold separately).
- ISBN-13: 9780310868255
- ISBN-10: 0310868254
- Publisher: Harperchristian Resources
- Publish Date: September 2015
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 5.9 x 0.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.3 pounds
- Page Count: 112