An authoritative guide to understanding and navigating the hormonal changes and health issues women experience in midlife and beyond, from one of the leading medical experts in the field.
The physical changes that occur after women turn forty are unavoidable--and can be unnerving. Menopause affects every aspect of life--from sex and sleep to mood and mental clarity to weight and body temperature. While there are a number of resources available, many are confusing and contradictory. Now, Manhattan gynecologist Dr. Tara Allmen, an experienced, nationally board-certified menopause practitioner and the recipient of the 2015 Doctor's Choice National Award for Obstetrics & Gynecology, shares her knowledge to help women be their happiest and healthiest, and turn this challenging time into an exciting one.
Written in her effervescent yet assured voice, Menopause Confidential provides simple strategies and cutting-edge information on:
- hormonal changes and the symptoms of perimenopause and menopause;
- the health risks associated with midlife--from cutting through the conflicting opinions and advice about health screenings (Do I really need a colonoscopy? How often should I get a mammogram?) to common medical conditions, such as osteoporosis;
- various remedies, both allopathic and natural, to combat symptoms and empower women to make the best choices for their individual needs;
- practical tips and resources for mitigating the effects of menopause.
Fifty-one-year-old Dr. Allmen knows firsthand what women are going through, and shares stories of her own personal travails and solutions. Women can't turn back the clock, but they can take control of their health and flourish in midlife. Menopause Confidential encourages them to be informed, be proactive, and be their greatest selves.
- ISBN-13: 9780062447289
- ISBN-10: 0062447289
- Publisher: HarperOne
- Publish Date: August 2023
- Dimensions: 7.9 x 5.2 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.45 pounds
- Page Count: 256