Read and find out about the phases of the moon in this colorfully illustrated nonfiction picture book.
This clear and appealing science book for early elementary age kids, both at home and in the classroom, introduces basic information about the moon.
Have you noticed that the moon sometimes seems to grow and shrink? Does it look like a big round ball? Or is it just a sliver of light in the sky? The moon seems to change. But it doesn't really. The moon revolves around the Earth. It takes about four weeks to make the journey, and as it travels around we can only see certain parts of it. Try the simple experiment described inside using an orange, a pencil, and a flashlight, and you'll understand why the moon seems to change.
This is a Level 2 Let's-Read-and-Find-Out, which means the book explores more challenging concepts for children in the primary grades. The 100+ titles in this leading nonfiction series are:
- hands-on and visual
- acclaimed and trusted
- great for classrooms
Top 10 reasons to love LRFOs:
- Entertain and educate at the same time
- Have appealing, child-centered topics
- Developmentally appropriate for emerging readers
- Focused; answering questions instead of using survey approach
- Employ engaging picture book quality illustrations
- Use simple charts and graphics to improve visual literacy skills
- Feature hands-on activities to engage young scientists
- Meet national science education standards
- Written/illustrated by award-winning authors/illustrators & vetted by an expert in the field
- Over 130 titles in print, meeting a wide range of kids' scientific interests
Books in this series support the Common Core Learning Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) standards. Let's-Read-and-Find-Out is the winner of the American Association for the Advancement of Science/Subaru Science Books & Films Prize for Outstanding Science Series.
- ISBN-13: 9780062382061
- ISBN-10: 0062382063
- Publisher: HarperCollins
- Publish Date: October 2015
- Dimensions: 9.8 x 7.8 x 0.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.25 pounds
- Page Count: 32
- Reading Level: Ages 4-8