Your trusted, compassionate guide to living with MS
Being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS) doesn't mean your life is over. Everyone's MS is different and no one can predict exactly what yours will be like. The fact is, lots of people live their lives with MS without making a full-time job of it.
Multiple Sclerosis For Dummies gives you accessible, easy-to-understand information about what happens with MS--what kinds of symptoms it can cause, how it can affect your life at home and at work, what you can do to feel and function better, and how you can protect yourself and your family against the long-term unpredictability of the disease. You'll learn how to make treatment and lifestyle choices that work for you, what qualities to look for in a neurologist and the rest of your healthcare team, how to manage fatigue, the pros and cons of alternative medicine, why and how to talk to your kids about MS, stress management strategies, your rights under the Americans with Disabilities act, and so much more.
- Covers major medical breakthroughs that slow the progression of the disease and improve quality of life for those living with MS
- Helps those affected by MS and their family members understand the disease and the latest treatment options
- Helpful and trusted advice on coping with physical, mental, emotional, and financial aspects of MS
Complete with listings of valuable resources such as other books, websites, and community agencies and organizations that you can tap for information or assistance, Multiple Sclerosis For Dummies gives you everything you need to make educated choices and comfortable decisions about living with MS.
This item is Non-Returnable
- ISBN-13: 9781118175873
- ISBN-10: 1118175875
- Publisher: For Dummies
- Publish Date: May 2012
- Dimensions: 9.18 x 7.45 x 0.83 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.23 pounds
- Page Count: 384