You've just gotten an ileostomy. Now what?
Living with an ileostomy seems daunting, but it doesn't have to be. In My Other Bag's a Prada: Quick and Dirty Tips for Surviving an Ileostomy, author and ileostomy veteran AW Cross gives you a first-hand, non-medical perspective of what to expect from your ileostomy and how to cope successfully day-to-day.
Through a straightforward blend of practicality and humor, you'll learn how to:
- Survive the physical consequences and emotional impact of having an ostomy
- Choose your appliance, your accessories, and change your bag
- Cope with odor, leaks, obstructions, and skin damage
- Pack a survival kit and navigate the outside world
- Dress, eat, and have sex
- Deal with healthcare professionals and enjoy your stays in the hospital
- Manage the ignorant public and use social media to your advantage
Whether you've just gotten your ileostomy, or you've had it for years, if you're determined to own it like a boss, this book is for you.
If you'd rather suffer blow-outs and bagtastrophies, have no sense of humor about your stoma, and hate puppies and sunshine, DON'T BUY THIS BOOK
- ISBN-13: 9781775178736
- ISBN-10: 1775178730
- Publisher: Glory Box Press
- Publish Date: October 2016
- Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 0.37 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.54 pounds
- Page Count: 160