Everybody negotiates at various points every day, be it in life or business, and it's important to get it right.
On average, people leave about 20% of potential mutual gains untapped in any negotiation. This is akin to taking 20% of the value in any deal and dumping it into a garbage canister. Finding that hidden 20%, the "sweet spot," is a skill that takes practice but is also one that anybody can learn.
Leigh Thompson offers best practices and tools within this book to use in daily negotiations and conflict situations. She calls these strategies "hacks" because they work but don't require a lot of investment, training, expense, and time. You don't have to be a CEO, senior VP, or regional brand manager to learn how to find the sweet spot in life's negotiations.
In Negotiating the Sweet Spot, benefits include learning the following:
- Understanding where the sweet spot is in the deals you negotiate
- Adopting a big-picture mind-set when approaching any negotiation
- Seeing negotiations less as win-lose battles and more as opportunities to use problem-solving skills
- Utilizing a tool kit of "hacks" that will work in any negotiation and have been proven effective by a top expert in the field
Negotiating the Sweet Spot walks people of all skill and experience levels through simple and proven techniques that are sure to result in better outcomes for all parties and that uncover the hidden value that exists in any negotiation.
- ISBN-13: 9781400217434
- ISBN-10: 1400217431
- Publisher: HarperCollins Leadership
- Publish Date: July 2020
- Dimensions: 8.4 x 5.5 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.4 pounds
- Page Count: 256